Thursday, May 17, 2007

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8: The Long Way Home, Part 1

I liked the jump forward in time as mentioned already by the Rock Star Librarian. The televised seasons did this too - each new season began with actual time having passed over the summer hiatus. With this in mind, I suppose we are to assume that several years have passed in order to get us where we are when the story begins.

This would make sense considering there needed to be time to rally all slayers, and orchestrate the whole intense operation they've got going on here. And for Dawn to grow to ginormous proportions (???). I dislike Dawn even in comic book form.

Is Amy going to be our supervillian? Amy and her unidentified "boyfriend?" I am racking my brain trying to remember how Amy and Buffy left things. I will have to rewatch some episodes to get caught up.

My entry into Season 8 is so preliminary after this reading, that I don't feel like I can fully develop an opinion yet. I am anxiously checking my mailbox today in hopes that 2 and 3 will arrive.

No comments: